Mobile Hope exists to honor God by building a culture of achievement in mobile home communities where families succeed, students excel, and hope is strong. Mobile Hope works in partnership with individuals, churches, and agencies invested in seeing mobile home communities, and the families that live there, respected and empowered to achieve their goals. They do this through the investment in student education, enhancing the skills and opportunities of residents, and in providing healthy activities for everyone to engage in, all based on the foundation of Christian faith in action.
In January 2015, Mobile Hope asked Barnabas Group Minnesota member for help in brainstorming around two key questions:
- What outcome measures will potential donors be looking for to help quantify the impact of Mobile Hope programs?
- Mobile Hope wants to share their model with other mobile home communities. What suggestions do members have for packaging and rolling these concepts out to additional mobile home communities?
Following Mobile Hope’s presentation, Barnabas members put their time, talents and connections to work for this community-building ministry:
- A Barnabas member connected Mobile Hope with Minnesota Manufactured Housing
- Several members met independently with Mobile Hope to share insights on developing an approach to sharing the Mobile Hope model with other communities
- After visiting Mobile Hope, a Barnabas member introduced Mobile Hope to JSAW resulting in a partnership to serve youth interested in action sports
- Several members have volunteered their time to develop youth education and early childhood development programs for residents