History & Growth of Amplify
The idea for Amplify Mission Network emerged from of group of business leaders who were journeying together through The Master’s Program nearly 10 years ago. These friends shared a belief that collective work and generosity between business leaders and ministry leaders could produce powerful ripples of impact in the Twin Cities and beyond.
Here’s a brief look at our history:
- 2018: Amplify Mission Network is incorporated as a 501(c)3 in May of 2018 with a public celebration and launch in July of this year. Amplify also launches the Learning Academy with seed money from a founder, offering expert leadership training to nonprofit Directors. The first cohort consists of 20 local nonprofit leaders.
- 2019: Amplify meetings move from Meetinghouse Church (formerly Colonial Church) to Christ Presbyterian Church and the first annual fundraising event is held, raising $105,640. The Learning Academy enters its second year, welcoming a new cohort of 25 ministry leaders.
- 2020: Amplify adds a second track, the AMP Track, to the Learning Academy. Mentorship is added to Amplify’s programming, engaging both business and nonprofit leaders in additional collaborative work. In March, bimonthly group meetings move to a virtual format for more than a year as COVID disrupts the world. In spite of the challenges, Amplify serves 39 nonprofit ministries and surpasses its fundraising goals for the year.
- 2021: Amplify returns to in-person meetings in July of 2021, welcoming a record 150 business leaders to the meeting. A third track is added to the Learning Academy for mid-level leaders and two full-time staff are hired to support and continue Amplify’s growth. A new website is launched and Amplify welcomes 127 new partners to the network this year.
- 2022: Amplify grows its average meeting attendance to 130+ business leaders. The Board and staff launch a strategic growth plan focused on exploring opportunities for increased engagement and impact. Consulting services are added to meet the demand from nonprofit ministries interested in presenting a challenge to our network.
- 2023: Amplify hosts its first Pop Up Meeting at Hosanna Church in Lakeville.